Version 1.0 published November 26, 2017.
The UPROAR Fund, a registered Washington 501(c)3, with its principal business address at 1208 Bay Street, Suite 202, Bellingham, WA 98225.
Personal Information That We Collect
Personal Information means information that identifies you as an individual or relates to an identifiable person, such as your name, email or postal address, telephone number, various transaction-related information (such as your credit or debit card number or other payment information), or your social media account information (“Personal Information”). You do not always need to submit Personal Information to access the Site or use the Services. However, if you do not disclose certain Personal Information to us, you may not be able to access important portions of the Services.
How We May Collect Personal Information
We and our service providers may collect Personal Information in a variety of ways, including:
- When you create an account for purposes of accessing the Services. We may require you to provide us with certain Personal Information, such as your name, email address and date of birth. You may also need to select a username and password for your account. Your email address and password will be used together so you can securely access and maintain your account. Note that in case you have chosen a user name that is your actual name, this means that your actual name may be published or disclosed in the ordinary course of using the Services;
- When you elect to connect or link third-party social networking sites, such as Facebook, or Twitter (“Social Network”), to your Services account. As a result of using your existing Social Network log-in credentials, certain Personal Information from your Social Network account may be shared with us. This may include Personal Information that is part of your profile or of your friends’ profiles;
- When you use the Services, for example, if you sign up for a newsletter or make a donation or purchase;
- Offline, for example, if you contact our customer service or attend a TUF-organized event; and
- From other sources, such as public databases, joint marketing partners, or other third parties.
How We May Use Your Information
We may use Personal Information:
- To provide the Services to you and administer your activities when using the Services;
- To respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests, such as send you emails and newsletters (or otherwise communicate with you through the Services);
- To send you administrative information, for example, regarding the Services or changes to our terms, conditions and/or policies;
- To provide you with a more personalized experience when using the Services by presenting products and services tailored to you;
- To complete and fulfill your purchase, for example, process your payments, communicate with you regarding your donation or purchase and provide you with related customer service;
- To send marketing communications that we believe may be of interest to you;
- To allow you to participate in sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your Personal Information, so we suggest that you read these rules carefully;
- To facilitate social sharing functionality;
- To allow you to send messages to a friend through the Services. By using this functionality, you are telling us that you are entitled to use and provide us with your friend’s name and email address;
- For our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving, or modifying the Services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns, and operating and expanding our business activities;
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain; and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
How We May Disclose Personal Information
In order to operate the Services, we may share your Personal Information in the following ways:
- UPROAR Global Media, Inc.
- With our third-party service providers who provide various services to us, such as website hosting, data analysis, ad sales, payment processing, order fulfillment, information technology and related infrastructure provision, customer service, email delivery, credit card processing, auditing, and other similar services;
- With third parties, in order to permit them to send you marketing communications, consistent with your choices and applicable law;
- With third-party sponsors of sweepstakes, contests, and similar promotions;
- To identify you to anyone to whom you send messages through the Services;
- By you, on message boards, chat, profile pages, blogs, and other services to which you are able to post information and materials (including, without limitation, TUF Social Media). Please note that any information you post or disclose through these services will become public information, and may be available to users of the Services and to the general public. We urge you to be very careful when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, through the Services;
- With a third party in the event of a reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets, or stock (including in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings); and
- As we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities, including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you, or others; (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
“Other Information” is any information that does not reveal your specific identity or does not directly relate to an individual, except as otherwise determined by applicable law, and may include:
- Browser and device information;
- Services usage data;
- Demographic information and other information provided by you;
- Location information;
- Payment method information;
- Other non-personally identifiable aggregated information;
- We, and our third-party service providers, may collect Other Information in a variety of ways, including:
- Through your browser or device: Certain information is collected by most browsers or automatically through your device, such as your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type (Windows or Macintosh), screen resolution, operating system name and version, device manufacturer and model, language, Internet browser type and version, and the name and version of the Services you are using. We use this information to ensure that the Services function properly;
- Through your use of the Service Applications: When you download and use the Service applications, we and our service providers may track and collect usage data, such as the date and time the Service applications on your device access our servers and what information and files have been downloaded to the Service applications based on your device number;
- Using pixel tags and other similar technologies: Pixel tags (also known as web beacons and clear GIFs) may be used in connection with some Services to, among other things, track the actions of users of the Services (including email recipients), measure the success of our marketing campaigns, and compile statistics about usage of the Services and response rates;
- Using Adobe Flash technology, including Flash Local Shared Objects (“Flash LSOs”) and other similar technologies: We may use Flash LSOs and other technologies to, for example, collect and store information about your use of the Services. If you do not want Flash LSOs stored on your computer, you can adjust the settings of your Flash player to block Flash LSO storage using the tools contained in the Website Storage Settings Panel. You can also control Flash LSOs by going to the Global Storage Settings Panel and follow the instructions (which may include instructions that explain, for example, how to delete existing Flash LSOs, how to prevent Flash LSOs from being placed on your computer without your being asked, and how to block Flash LSOs that are not being delivered by the operator of the page you are on at the time). Please note that setting the Flash Player to restrict or limit acceptance of Flash LSOs may reduce or impede the functionality of some Service Applications used in connection with the Services;
- IP Address: Your “IP Address” is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Your IP Address may be identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever you access the Services, along with the time of the visit and the page(s) visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice and is done automatically by many websites, applications and other services. We use IP Addresses for various purposes, such as calculating usage levels of the Services, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Services;
- Device Location: We may collect the physical location of your device by, for example, using satellite, cell phone tower, or WiFi signals. We may use your device’s physical location to provide you with personalized location-based services and content. We may also share your device’s physical location, combined with information about what advertisements you viewed and other information we collect, with our marketing partners to enable them to provide you with more personalized content and to study the effectiveness of advertising campaigns. In some instances, you may be permitted to allow or deny such uses and/or sharing of your device’s location, but if you choose to deny such uses and/or sharing, we and/or our marketing partners may not be able to provide you with the applicable personalized services and content;
- From you: Information, such as your location or your preferred means of communication, is collected when you voluntarily provide this information; and
By aggregating/anonymizing information: Aggregated/anonymized Personal Information does not personally identify you or any other user of the Services, (for example, we may aggregate/anonymize Personal Information for purpose of aggregated analytics to calculate the percentage of our users who have a particular telephone area code).
California - Do Not Track Notice
California Business & Professions Code Section 22575(b) (as amended) provides that California residents are entitled to know how The UPROAR Fund responds to “Do Not Track” browser settings. The UPROAR Fund does not currently take actions to respond to Do Not Track signals because a uniform technological standard has not yet been developed. We continue to review new technologies and may adopt a standard once one is created.
We give you many choices regarding our use and disclosure of your Personal Information for marketing purposes:
Opting Out of Receiving Direct Marketing from Us:
If, at any point in time, you are not interested in receiving direct marketing emails from us, you will be able to opt-out of receiving them by clicking on the specified link in any given email communication. If you require further assistance please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that changes may not be effective immediately. We will endeavor to comply with your request(s) as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note also that you may not be able to unsubscribe from certain non-marketing related correspondence from us, including messages relating to administration of your TUF account.
Opting Out of Our Sharing Information with Unaffiliated Third Parties:
You may request that we do not share your information with unaffiliated third parties for their marketing purposes by contacting us at email@example.com.
Opting Out of Receiving Direct Marketing from Unaffiliated Third Parties:
You may opt-out of third-party advertising networks by going to the Network Advertising Initiative’s website at www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and following the directions there. The effect of opting out of third-party advertising networks is explained on each opt-out page. Please note that the effect of opting out of third-party advertising on TUF means that customized advertising will not be delivered to you, but opting out does not mean you will no longer receive advertising on TUF. It does mean that TUF and our third-party advertisers and service providers will no longer deliver ads tailored to your web preferences and usage patterns. Information regarding your usage of the online services may still be collected for research, analytics, or internal operations purposes.
Access to Your Personal Information
You have the right to access, review, update, correct, suppress, or delete your Personal Information that has been provided to us, subject to certain exceptions prescribed by applicable law. You can do so through your personal settings in your TUF account, or by contacting us through the contact information provided below. To protect your privacy and security, we may take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or allowing you to make any corrections, updates, or deletions.
Additionally, in the event you no longer want the Services to publish your TUF activity on your Social Network news feeds and/or timelines, or want to otherwise limit the ways in which the Services interacts with your Social Network accounts, you can always disable aspects of this feature by changing your personal settings in your Social Network accounts.
Please note that we may need to retain certain information for recordkeeping purposes and/or to complete any transactions that you began prior your request (e.g., when you make a purchase or enter a promotion, you may not be able to change or delete Personal Information provided until after the completion of such purchase or promotion). There may also be residual information that will remain within our databases and other records, which will not be removed.
If you are a resident of California, under 18, and a registered user of the Services, you may ask us to remove content or information that you have posted on the Services by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that your request does not ensure complete or comprehensive removal of the content or information, as, for example, some of your content may have been reposted by another user.
Third Party Services
Third Party Advertisers
We may use third-party advertising companies to serve advertisements regarding goods and services that may be of interest to you when you access and use the Services and other websites, based on information relating to your access to and use of the Services and other websites. To do so, these companies may place or recognize a unique cookie on your browser (including through use of pixel tags). If you would like more information about this practice and to learn about your choices in connection with these practices, please visit http://www.networkadvertising.org/managing/opt_out.asp and http://www.aboutads.info/.
We seek to use reasonable organizational, technical, and administrative measures to protect Personal Information within our organization. Unfortunately, no data transmission or storage system can be guaranteed 100% secure. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of your account has been compromised), please immediately notify us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section below.
We will retain your Personal Information for so long as necessary to provide you the Services. We will keep one archival copy of your information if and for as long as this is required or permitted by applicable laws.
The Services are intended for users age 18 or older. If you are under 18, you may only use the Services if you have obtained the consent of your parent(s) or other legal guardian. By using the Services, you warrant that you are age 18 or older or have obtained such consent.
We ask that you do not send us, and that you do not disclose, any sensitive Personal Information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background, or trade union membership) on or through the Services or otherwise to us.
Users Outside of The United States
The Services are controlled and operated by us from the United States. If you are accessing the Services from another country, please be advised that through your continued use of the Services, you are transferring your Personal Information to the United States and you hereby consent to the transfer of your Personal Information outside of the country where you are located. For the avoidance of doubt, any information we, or you may share with any Social Network may be transmitted to and stored by Social Network on servers located in or outside the United States.
TUF has certified to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework. The EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Frameworks were designed by the U.S. Department of Commerce and the European Commission and Swiss Administration to provide companies on both sides of the Atlantic with a mechanism to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States in support of transatlantic commerce. For more information, please visit https://www.privacyshield.gov/welcome.
Terms of Service
Questions? Contact Us
It is extremely important to us that your privacy is treated with the utmost respect. If you have any concerns, questions, complaints, or ideas on how we can do a better job at this, please let us know by emailing email@example.com, or writing to the following address: The UPROAR Fund, 1208 Bay Street, Suite 202, Bellingham, WA 98225 Attn: Support. Please note again that no communication is 100% secure, so please do not include any credit card or other sensitive information into your communication with us.